Thursday, May 24, 2012

Run Forest...RUN!!!

I "almost" did my longest sustained run at Tri101 on Tuesday...30 minutes.  I say almost, because I did walk for about 30 seconds at the 23 minute mark but other than that I ran the whole way.  I was having issues with my GPS so it did not record the run correctly.  But according to Google Earth, I ran 2.7 miles in 30 minutes which is 11.1 min/mi.  Not too bad I guess. 

I am trying not to get frustrated that I am not seeing quicker improvements in my times.  I was really hoping to be under 11 min/mi by the Cotton Row 5K this Monday and around 10 min/mi for the tri.  I know, I know, "it takes a while...it's a process", yada, yada, yada.  It is a personality flaw and I know it, I have very little patience with myself.  Something I need to work on.

1 comment:

  1. That's great Howard! You have caught me in speed already! :) I have been chasing a 10 minute mile for a couple of years now. It also took me more than two years to be able to run a whole 5K nonstop. So it looks to me like you are making awesome progress! The tri run is harder than a 5K though with the swim and bike before, so keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete