Monday, May 7, 2012

SWIMMING 101

Saturday was the first swimming evaluation for the TRI 101 class.  I was a little surprised to find out that I was one of the better swimmers in the group, at least in stroke technique.  I have a ways to go in endurance though.  They did give me some pointers about ho to improve my stroke a little and get more power.  The biggest thing was that I was not fully extending my arms and only doing about half a full stroke.  They also said I was rolling too much.  I thought that was good, but apparently I was rolling a little too much.

The coach said I should be able to finish the 400m in about 6 minutes.  I am a little skeptical since it is taking me about 15 minutes right now.  But he said if I can swim about 2-3 times a week to get my endurance up and get a little more power in the stroke, I should be fine.

So, now it all comes down to running (and doing all three together of course).  I know I can do it, I just need to practice.

I was told about a good website for help with swimming technique called Swim Smooth (http://www.swimsmooth.com/). There is a lot of good information and videos that show proper technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment