Thursday, May 10, 2012

SWIM DAY

Swimming again this morning.  Same plan as last time, two 4x100's.  This time I went to a different Y and there were far less people there.  This Y has eight lanes and there were only two other people swimming.  I also took an antihistamine before I left the house this time and it seem to help a lot.  I didn't get the congestion I got last time.  I was a little dizzy when I got out of the pool, but that could have been because I didn't have breakfast before I swam.

I did the two 4x100's with no problem this time.  I rested 5-10 seconds between 100's and 1:30 between sets.  Felt great.  I was swimming about 1:15/lap (50 yards) and felt like I could have done 800 more yards at that pace.  I think that should be about 11 minutes for 400 meters.  I can probable shave a couple minutes off that by race time.  I am shooting for 8 minutes.

I need to find a place to try some openwater swimming.  I can go down to the river, but I need to find someone to follow me in a canoe or something in case I get tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment