Thursday, March 22, 2012


The company where I work decided to get involved with Scale Back Alabama and encouraged everyone to participate.  We were split into teams of four and everyone on each team have to lose 10 pounds each.  There are prizes if everyone loses weight, yada yada yada.  I decided to sign up and give it a go.  The competition lasts 10 weeks.  I am a pretty competitive guy by nature, so I set a pretty aggressive goal of 40 pounds.  We have two weeks left and so far I have lost 32 pounds.  I am going to have to really step it up to make it, but I am within reach.

During this weight loss adventure, I ran across the Huntsville Sprint Triathlon.  I have always wanted to do a triathlon, but never thought I could.  I am not rally sure I can do it now, but I decided to give it a try.  When I was going through the registration process, one of the questions that was asked was what my weight was.  I grudgingly put down my weight and continued the process.  When I got my confirmation, I saw that I was put in the Clydesdale division.  Clydesdale!!!  What exactly are they trying to say?  Clydesdale's are pack animals, not sleek racing machines....oh....I get it.  I guess I am not exactly a sleek racing machine either.  Well, I decided to embrace the term and show everyone what a Clydesdale can do (when not hooked to the Budweiser wagon).

So this blog is about how I am going from couch potato to the Racing Clydesdale!



No comments:

Post a Comment