Saturday, March 24, 2012

Swimming day yesterday.  I swam 500 yards in about 17 minutes.  Not really great, but I made it this time.  I have noticed that I seem to be unable to pace myself when I swim freestyle.  I start off way to fast and wear myself out pretty quickly.  Yesterday, I alternated between freestyle and breast stroke and it worked pretty well.  I was able to swim the whole way without stopping.

I have not actually started "training" yet.  I signed up for FleetFeet's training program, but it doesn't start until May.  I am trying to do some work ahead of time so I won't embarrass myself and also drop some weight.  So now I have done all the distances seperately.  I am still very weak in swimming and running and cannot run/swim the whole way without resting.  I have not tried to combine anything yet, but I am hoping that will happen in the training program.

Things seem to be progressing pretty well.  I have also dropped another 2 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment