Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Only Two Weeks Left!!

I only have two weeks left until the Double Helix Dash (5K).  I am sorry to say that I am very behind on my training.  I am still not able to run the whole distance.  I have run about 1.5 miles continuously at about a 14 min/mile.  I am not putting the time in like I should be.  I have been doing too much swimming and biking.  I really need to focus on the running.

I am also concerned about my calf.  A few months ago I torn my calf playing racketball.  The doctor elected not to do an MRI, so I do not know how badly it was torn.  But there was very little visable bruising so I don't believe it was that bad.  Anyway, I followed the doctor's instructions (mostly), and kept weight off of it for a week, rested, blah, blah, blah.  It quit hurting after about four weeks, but I gave it the 8 weeks he suggested before I started stressing it and then started slowly.  Everything was fine for the first couple weeks, but this last week I have notice that when I cool down after running or biking may calf gets really sore.  I don't know if I may have re-torn part of it or if it is just getting aggrevated.  I really don't want to injury it again before the triathlon in August, but I have already registered for the 5K in two weeks and there are a couple bike rides coming up including the Tour de Cure that I really want to attend.  The Cotton Row 5K is also coming up at the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment